Saturday, October 10, 2009

October already!!!

I think I am worse at blogging then I am at writing in my journal, but I need to update it has been a crazy summer!!

We have had a fun time traveling around the state of Utah this summer. We got to spend some time in Moab for July with Craig's family. Other than craig getting sick the day of our 5 hour drive we had fun camping out and then river rafting the colorado river the next day. We were able to paddle in a two man boat alone, it was scary but fun none the less.

Next we were off to Park City for a fun family reunion with the Rushton's. Our sweet Grandma was there and was having such a fun time despite her Alzheimer disease.
Other than traveling we have also been staying close to home, swimming, bbq's, and fun game weekends at the cabin. When the pool was wrecked by Annie we knew the summer was ending.

All summer long we have had our lives turned around while my sweet Grandma suffered from alzheimers. I have been so blessed to be living with my parents during this time, to see my dads love for his mom has been such a blessing. My Grandma passed away in August, no suffering, no more confusion just peace.


And finally after 5 months of training with Geoff for the St. George marathon it finally came. We ran the 5k Swiss days before the race to get prepared, and I was prepared. I ran the marathon with so much excitment I couldnt believe it, I tackled all the hills and won. For the First time in 4 marathons I made it in the time I actually wanted. 4 hours and 30 mins YAY!! so until next year.

6 comments:

Nat and Charles said...

Oh Hannie, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma! I'm so proud of you for doing your 4th marathon! Seriously, I look up to you ( I know, that doesn't seem physically possible, since I'm the Jolly Green Giant, but it's true!)

Mariah and Jeremy said...

I totally agree with you on the whole journal and blogging thing. I am so awful with both! haha! It is so awesome to hear about your summer. I am very sorry to hear about your Grandmas passing. It is always a bitter sweet thing to have grandparents pass away. All I have left is a step grandmother and she is kicking at 96! You are my hero for running four marathons. That is truly amazing and awesome! We definitely need to catch up sometime! I MISS YOU!!!

KayDee said...

Hey girl! Sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad I saw you at Swiss Days for like two secinds.... we didn't even get a picture this year!! Call me and lets go to lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhgunnfamily said...

fun to see all those pictures, some of them I need to get

THE GOULDINGS said...

Hannah all i can say is that you are amazing!! I can't even think of running a marathon..congrats that's awesome..im sorry to hear about your grandma...but looks like you have been having fun lately!!

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/merk-wallpaper-dinding-rumah-terbaik/